Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I DO have a post in me (Dream Analysis; 8dpiui)

Night before last, I had a bit of a strange dream. I dreamt that I had a... well, lets just say a male reproductive organ. Usually, I don't remember my dreams at all, and if I do, they are always pretty straightforward, just reliving events that happened durin the day, or straight-up nightmares or stress dreams. But this, this was a pretty odd element that I felt that I should look up the symbolism of. Here is what I found:

To see a penis in your dream, signifies sexual energy, power and fertility.
I also found:

If a woman dreamt she had a male organ: if she is pregnant means she will have a baby boy, if she is not pregnant means her money will increase.


I have to say, I am OK with either of those (although I would prefer the former). Then, last night, I have more bizarre dreams. I think a chick that, once waking, reminds me of Anne Coulter (but without the douchebaggery) figured in it, but she wasn't prominent. The 2 things from my dream last night that really stuck with me, was that I owned a cow. I had adopted a white and tan cow, had brought her to a big farm to stable her there, and then, when I came back a few hours later, I couldn't find her. This is what a cow can symbolise:

In our dreams, this simple domestic animal can represent a variety of very important and deeply-felt issues. In some cultures the cow is a sacred symbol, representing divine qualities of fertility, nourishment and motherhood... The cow is mostly a positive dream symbol, and superstition-based dream interpretation say that grazing cows are symbols of prosperity, contentment and happiness.

So, both dreams have a fertility aspect to them. Interesting. But then... the final element to my dream... I was supposed to catch a train to go home, but I missed it because I didn't have my luggage. Guess what missing a train means in your dreams...

missing a train in your dream could mean a missed opportunity

Oh GREAT!

My interpretation has to be that my subconscious is telling me that I am in fact, not pregnant. It knows I am trying my damnedest, but sorry, yet another missed opportunity.

How depressing. Even my subconscious is working against me.

1 comments:

JenM said...

Wow, your dreams are on topic, even if you didn't know ahead of time what it would mean. I can't say I've ever had a cow dream.

Popularity Contest