Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Universe Is Probably Torturing Someone Else at the Moment

Because it seems it's not currently focusing on screwing up our plans!

Seems like things are going pretty well.
Yesterday, we found out that the 19mm follie had exploded to 26mm overnight. That one follie clearly hogged all the energy, because the other 3 stayed right where they were, 13, 12 and 10. Now, I am not sure if only the 26er will spit out, or if all 3 will spit out, but only the 26er will be OK for invading by the barbarian sperm, or if maybe the 13 will be possibly good for invasion as well. (perhaps 18mm is the minimum...that sucks)
So many damn VARIABLES!

Anyhoo, since that one egg got so huge overnight, they triggered me yesterday (which was not covered by my insurance, so I had to buy $86 worth of hcg to get my egg to drop, grrr) and today we went in the the IUI.

I was a bit worried about the Hs ability to provide a good sample, just because his last SA was only 3 days ago, but he came through like a champ. Over 200 million in total in his sample, and that resulted in a post-wash count of 35 million of the bestest and brightest little swimmers that we could hope for.

The Dr. also remarked that my estrogen was at 2000. I don't know what that means, but the way she said it made it sound like it was great.

So, in 2 weeks (14 days) I am to go back for a beta. That, however, puzzles me. In 2 weeks, I can get a positive if I POAS. What's the point of waiting 2 weeks for a beta?
The only think I can think of is to get an early idea of multiples, maybe? But thats not reliable anyway. Oh well, who knows. All I know is my hope is running RAMPANT, I need to keep that bitch in check.

UPDATE: The brakes need redoing. Big bucks. I guess the Universe heard me and decided to let me know she's always got time to f*ck with me.

3 comments:

osuraj said...

I'm so happy things are going well for you! It's giving me hope for the rest of us. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooh exciting!!! I'm so glad that fate isn't tormenting you! Fingers crossed!

Melissa said...

Good to hear the good news! Good luck!

Popularity Contest